- The most common spring bulbs planted in Indianapolis are tulips, daffodils, crocus, hyacinth, narcissus and snowdrops.
- The best time to plant bulbs is anywhere from September until November or until the ground freezes.
- Bulbs can be planted with a basic garden trowel, bulb planter or an auger bit on a power drill.
- Each bulb varies in planting depth but typically THREE times the bulb height is the desired depth.
- When placing bulbs in the hole make sure the top of bulb is facing upward.
- Make sure you water these bulbs after you plant to help settle the soil around bulbs.
If you questions that were not addressed here, please contact Brian Jones with Scenic Green and he will gladly answer your questions.